Are you a ‘regular’ person who thinks they have a chance of being fit? Do you want to optimize your chances of success in the fight for a better life and see yourself slimmer, happier, and with increased energy? We believe that small changes can make huge differences when it comes to health. Here are 12 healthy habits that will change you into a healthy person. Enjoy the read and share the advice with your friends and family to motivate them overnight!
1. Wake up early every day, without an alarm If you’re like most people, you probably find it difficult to wake up in the morning (and we don’t mean by hitting your snooze button). That’s because our body works in cycles called “circadian rhythms” which are about 24 hours long. If you wake up at the same time each day when your biological cycle is in sync with that, you’ll find it much easier when your internal clock is prepared for it.
2. Sweat daily: Did you know that when you exercise, your body releases endorphins that not only block pain but also make you happier? And most importantly, sweating daily helps speed up the metabolism of your body. It’s never too early to start exercising!
3. Make sure you eat at least 3 times a day even if you don’t feel like it: Did you know that if you don’t eat at least 3 times a day, your body will end up slowing down its metabolism because it thinks there’s a famine? That is the exact opposite of what we want! So make sure you keep your energy levels up and stay healthy!
4. Get rid of bad habits and replace them with good ones
5. Have a break somewhere in your day, just to relax and recharge your batteries: Maintaining good health isn’t easy! So it’s important to take regular breaks if you feel yourself becoming stressed or exhausted. Try practicing mindfulness, doing yoga or even have a nap so that when you return to whatever you were doing before, you’ll be refreshed and much more motivated to do it again!
6. Practice gratitude daily Being thankful for what you have in your life brings happiness into it, improves your relationships with the people around you, and even helps improve your health. Studies show that practising gratitude can reduce stress, lower blood pressure and lead to a healthier lifestyle overall.
7. Get outside daily Being in nature is good for our health, but did you know that even just looking at plants is enough to give us a boost? A recent study published by the University of Michigan showed that spending time with nature can make us more productive and reduce stress.
8. Engage in conversation over dinner each day: We all know that our brain is most active when we sleep after a busy day, but did you know that if you don’t have a conversation with someone at least once a day, your risk of depression increases? Even though it’s not always easy finding the time to speak face-to-face with loved ones daily, it will be worth the effort.
9. Find a new hobby you enjoy One of the best ways to keep your brain active is by finding a new hobby that challenges you but also brings you joy at the same time. Brain training games are also an excellent choice if you don’t have time for anything else!
10. Rest daily If there’s one golden rule in life, it’s getting enough rest. That means taking a break from your phone or TV at least once during the day and sleeping for 7-8 hours each night. It may be difficult to do when you first start, but as always, practice makes perfect!